Tennessee is our home.
As our state’s largest insurer, we’re committed to give back to the people, families and communities we serve.
We’re proud to do that through our foundation with charitable donations, scholarships and much more. You’ll also find our people donating their time to great causes statewide.
You talk, we listen
We work with local communities to learn which facilities and programs they need most, and then we help them bring those things to life right here in Tennessee.
Giving back has always been part of who we are.
- In Kingsport, we helped launch a plan to fight obesity by distributing 17,000 water bottles to kids.
- In Nashville, we supported Rocketown, a safe space for teens to skateboard, record music and, most importantly, be themselves.
- In Chattanooga, we help give low-income high schoolers a head start through job skills training and paid internships at local organizations like the Tennessee Aquarium.
You need places to come together
We are committed to creating spaces that are free and open to the public right here in Tennessee where neighbors, families and friends can connect. That’s why we’re building BlueCross Healthy Places across the state.
In Memphis, we asked kids and adults to tell us how best to spark physical activity and connect communities, launching the BlueCross Healthy Places program. We know these active outdoor parks and facilities will be places we can all come together, get active, learn and grow.
We are committed to our communities
The BlueCross Health Foundation will give more than $7 million each year to projects aligned with this cause.
We are already hard at work
Our communities deserve both our dollars and our time.
We give millions of dollars and thousands of volunteer hours each year to improve community health right here in Tennessee.
8,000 hours per year
Donations are important, but it’s not enough to write a check.
We donate thousands of volunteer hours as well, distributing meals at food banks, advocating for people experiencing homelessness, and serving as board members for some of Tennessee’s most impactful charities.
We give $10 million each year to improve community health in Tennessee, including:
- Building BlueCross Healthy Places across the state
- Awarding annual scholarships for minority students pursuing careers in health care
- Sponsoring the Tennessee Senior Olympics, and
- Supporting organizations working to reduce opioid abuse and misuse in Tennessee
In Tennessee, opioid addiction affects us all
At BlueCross, we want to change that.
- Count It! Lock It! Drop It! raises awareness of prescription drug abuse and gives Tennesseans safe places to dispose of unused pills
- In support of National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day, BlueCross helped Tennesseans set a new record, collecting 34 tons of prescription drugs
- In 2017, the number of opioids prescribed in Tennessee decreased by 6%
You can help us fight the opioid epidemic.
Click here to find a drop-off location for unused medication.